Something unexpected...

martes, 28 de octubre de 2014

Today, something really interesting happened. 

I woke up feeling blue (I blame it on heartache). Nonetheless, I kept my head high, and decided not to let my day be commanded by such a feeling. I went on, as I usually do, and prepared myself some tasty scrambled eggs with toast, berry jam, and herbal tea. It was delicious. 

I bid farewell to Pupo, closed the door behind me, and went downstairs. I left the building and saw a cocker spaniel staring at me. It was next to a tree, doing whatever things dogs do on trees. I didn't pay much attention to such a detail, yet my inner voice reminded me: 

“Even if they all look the same, all days are different… today -for example- a dog was watching you as you stepped outside… and look at the misty clouds over the mountains on the horizon! Beautiful, and diverse! So unlike yesterday…”

I silently chuckled. They day was indeed brand new, and distinct. Besides, things were going to be more relaxed at work, for it was math's day, and there were no classes scheduled (nice!). So, I walked the path that led from my home to the bus stop, and couldn't help but notice that everything around me was arranged differently. I had to skip an enormous bus that stopped inches from me, but I was fine, and regardless of the distance it had meant no harm. 

And so I moved towards my destination, when a small detail caught my attention. A scrambled metallic package of some sort was lying on the floor, less than a meter away from a properly kept green trashcan. The voice within me spoke once more, and kindly suggested:

“Why don't you pick it up? Go on. It would be a shame to leave it there, especially when you know you can take action…”

Without hesitation, I swiftly leaned over it and took it. In less that a second, I had already thrown it in the can. It was done. A simple action for which I expected no reward… however, there was a reward after all. 

As I kept on walking, I heard a voice behind me saying:

“Congratulations!” 

Congratulations? I was puzzled, so I listened to it once more.  

“Congratulations!” the voice insisted. 

I turned around with curiosity, and saw a friendly lady congratulating me for my action. I smiled, and a rush of sudden happiness went through me. 

Later did I notice that somehow the cocker spaniel that stared at me intently as I left my house was also present during that moment, and despite of not being the friendly lady's pet (she owned a black chow chow, which I've seen several times before), it signified the completion of an event that the universe had set into motion earlier that morning. 

This whole thing reminded me of Coelho's Pilgrim, when the pilgrim meets Petrus for the first time, and inadvertently meets as well a demon disguised as a gypsy thief. The story was similar, except that this time there had been no demon, but an angel instead. An angel that encouraged a virtuous action, honoring the good in me, as Joel says. 

It made my day. 

Estadísticas:

Seguidores:

Últimos comentarios:

Etiquetas:

Busca en el blog: